• Users Online: 359
  • Print this page
  • Email this page
ORIGINAL RESEARCH
Year : 2020  |  Volume : 3  |  Issue : 2  |  Page : 45-47

Retrospective time to event analysis of integrated medicine treatment effect on mild symptomatic COVID19 patients in facility quarantine at Kallakurichi, Tamil Nadu


1 Ayush Medical officer (Siddha), GPHC, Vadaponparappi, Villupuram District, Tamil Nadu, India
2 Joint Director of Indian Medicine and Homeopathy, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
3 Director of Indian Medicine & Homeopathy, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
4 Director General, Central Council for Research in Siddha, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
5 Assistant Medical Officer (S), GPHC, Kachirayapalaiyam, Villupuram District, Tamil Nadu, India
6 Director I/C Siddha Central Research Institute, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
7 Statistical Assistant, Siddha Central Research Institute, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
8 District Collector, Kallakurichi, Tamil Nadu, India
9 District Revenue Officer, Kallakurichi District, Tamil Nadu, India
10 District Siddha Medical Officer, Villupuram & Kallakurichi Districts, Tamil Nadu, India
11 Assistant Medical Officer (S), Government Hospital, Chinnasalem, Kallakurichi District, Tamil Nadu, India

Correspondence Address:
Dr. Sathiyarajeswaran Parameswaran
Director I/C, Siddha Central Research Institute, Chennai
India
Login to access the Email id

Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None


DOI: 10.4103/jrsm.jrsm_8_22

Rights and Permissions

Background: This study has been conducted on confirmed COVID 19 positive patients (n = 55), who had come to Kallakurichi District of Tamilnadu state from one of the containment zones in Indian State of Maharashtra. Out of the 55, 8 (14.55%) patients were symptomatic and remaining 47 (85.45%) were asymptomatic patients. 47 patients who reached in their home land on 24th May and rest on 25th may 2020. All of them have been treated with integrated medicine treatment method. Materials and Methods: Everybody was quarantined from 27th may to 7th June 2020 at Mahabharathi Engineering College, Vasudevanur, Chinna salem Taluk, Kallakurichi District. Integrative Intervention Consisting of Vitamin C Tablet, Zinc tablet for 5 days, and Kabasura Kudineer 60 ml BD Before food for all days was the treatment given for all patients. Result: Among them, three of them had co -morbid conditions like diabetes and hypertension. 27.3% were female and 72.7% are male patients. Average age was 32.33 among the range of 14 to 65years. Conclusion: All patients including who has co-morbidity were completely relieved from the disease on the day of discharge. All symptomatic patients were asymptomatic with median time of 4 days IP admission.


[FULL TEXT] [PDF]*
Print this article     Email this article
 Next article
 Previous article
 Table of Contents

 Similar in PUBMED
   Search Pubmed for
   Search in Google Scholar for
 Related articles
 Citation Manager
 Access Statistics
 Reader Comments
 Email Alert *
 Add to My List *
 * Requires registration (Free)
 

 Article Access Statistics
    Viewed378    
    Printed14    
    Emailed0    
    PDF Downloaded40    
    Comments [Add]    

Recommend this journal